Ways to handle an Adderall crash

clerkbehavior

Ways to handle an Adderall crash

Post by clerkbehavior

I take my medications every morning. I completely collapse in the afternoon around three when my adderall wears off. I feel as though I've suddenly become listless and am limited to sleeping and lounging around. I now need to take a nap every afternoon at four o'clock because even after I wake up, I still find it difficult to complete my tasks.
trackclink

Re: Ways to handle an Adderall crash

Post by trackclink

I take Concerta in the morning. And I have a second 5mg methylphenidate prescribed that I take around 4 pm. I am very lucky that my doctor understands the importance of that second smaller dose. I am self-employed and I have client who are three hours behind me on the west coast. I need to be focused and present until 7pm every night because they often call me.
basicvines

Re: Ways to handle an Adderall crash

Post by basicvines

I don’t experience a crash really with Vyvanse but I do understand feeling sleepy in the afternoon. To combat it, I make sure I’m eating well, drinking plenty of water and I exercise daily even when I don’t want to. I also reach for a little caffeine to get me over that hump. Maybe Adderall isn’t the best choice for you or you need something short acting to cover the afternoon.