What is the impact of food on Vyvanse?

decentasleep

What is the impact of food on Vyvanse?

Post by decentasleep

I've taken the 30 mg of Vyvanse that I was recently prescribed on three separate days.
On the first day, I was anxious and only took a little over half of the pill after eating a sandwich. I had no feelings at all throughout the day, neither positive nor negative.

The second time I took it I ate toast and some beef jerky beforehand, and I took the whole pill. It took a while to kick in but I could feel it. I felt happy and my face and limbs were tingly, my body felt loose like my muscles had all relaxed. I had a slightly increased heart rate (70-80 compared to my usual 60-70) but felt calm. After that I felt normal but found it a lot easier to start tasks and switch between them. I wasn’t t procrastinating over every little task. It was a positive experience but it didn’t last that long ( they’re supposed to last 8 hours, I only felt it for about 5)

The third time I only ate 3 Brazil nuts before taking it, and it was not a good experience. My heart rate went up to about 100 and stayed above 80 for hours. I felt really overstimulated and had problems with sensory overload. I felt really hot, dehydrated and had a headache. I also felt pressure behind my eye. I did eat a few slices of pizza about 2 1/2 hours after I took it and drank a lot of water but it didn’t seem to make a difference. I ended up just laying down on my bed in the dark with a fan because I felt so hot and overstimulated.

I would like to hear some other peoples experiences with Vyvanse. Is it possible for the smaller amount of food to cause such a different reaction? Or is it normal for it to have different affects like this early on in taking it?
bricksmore

Re: What is the impact of food on Vyvanse?

Post by bricksmore

For me food affects vyvanse a lot. It works best if I take it with a high protein breakfast, if I just eat carbs or take it with no food it's kind... choppy. I can feel the multiple times it kicks in.
visualsolution

Re: What is the impact of food on Vyvanse?

Post by visualsolution

After 6 months I stopped feeling anything at 70mg. At first id pop it at 9am and feel it til 2pm and then it would taper off. Now, the only way I can tell if I’ve had my vyvanse is whether or not I’m binge eating at night.