Is modafinil more productive than stims?

kidneyraspberry

Is modafinil more productive than stims?

Post by kidneyraspberry

I've been taking the typical ADHD stimulants for a very long time. I've become so tolerant that it takes a pretty high dosage for me to feel euphoric. Right now, what I need is a boost in motivation to do things that I normally detest rather than a high. I'm about to try modafinil. For those who have taken it, how does it measure up to Adderall in terms of the drive to complete tasks? When I use Adderall, I find that finishing things I normally detest gives me a great deal of joy and satisfaction. Do you feel the same desire to be productive when taking modafinil?
Or that point of concentration where you feel compelled to continue working and find it extremely annoying to get distracted? I suppose all I'm asking for is something more than caffeine-induced wakefulness.
refugeepuzzling

Re: Is modafinil more productive than stims?

Post by refugeepuzzling

Modafinil is good, but I still prefer adderall. Modafinil is longer lasting and it definitely gets the job done, but it doesn't have that euphoria, and it isn't quite as motivating. It does help with focus though, so as long as I make a plan on what I'm going to do, it helps. I take it when I can't get addy or when I need to take a tolerance break to get back to where I can experience the euphoria still.